Monday, February 13, 2023

I'm an onion.

Last year, as part of my ongoing CPD, I asked people what they thought a statue of me should hold in its hand (see https://thirdsectorexpert.blogspot.com/2022/07/molotov-cocktails-jelly-babies-onions.html for the full story...)

And whilst some of the suggestions people made caught me by surprise (such as a Molotov cocktail!), a couple of people suggested an onion.

And one of them added an explanatory note as to why they thought an onion best symbolised me: 

- It has many layers
- It has a heart
- It has a tough skin 
- It is an essential part of the majority of recipes 
- It represents good food and people coming together
- It is versatile 
- If you give it care and attention it becomes sweet and mild (although I'd like to think I'm sweet and mild to begin with?)
- It is a vegetable that is important to all sectors of society

And so I think I'm quite pleased if people see me as an onion.

But what vegetable do people see you as?

No comments:

Post a Comment