Thursday, June 16, 2011

we need more parties!

last weekend I found myself playing 'single dad', and with rain pouring down, was anxious to find something positive to do with my boys other than another round on the Wii...


thankfully, a local business was celebrating its 10th birthday with free food and cake and drinks - what more could 2 young boys want! And it was also great because it gave me the chance to explain to them why this local firm was giving away free cake - to help them understand that setting up your own business is risky, it takes hard work, and so its important to celebrate the milestones by having a party with your friends (and customers!).

Keeping any business going for 10 years is a fantastic achievement (and if you don't believe me, just see how long those big private firms in the FTSE100 manage to stay in that prestigious list for more than 10 years!)

So - Physio & Therapies in Todmorden: thank you for reminding us all how important it is to celebrate what our hard work achieves, and also for all the cake (think my boys went back for thirds...)

No comments:

Post a Comment