Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm more accomplished than I realised!

Very often, we don't fully appreciate the impact we have on those around us until much later (if at all), when comments are made in passing - which is another good reason for adopting social impact reporting, but that's not the focus of this musing...

I was struck by a piece of post I received yesterday: my shiny new RSA Fellowship card arrived, but I didn't initially recognise myself as the person it was addressed to. You see, I usually refer to myself as 'Adrian', and while I hold some qualifications and awards, I don't usually list these in any context (unless I'm bigging myself up when pitching for contracts!).
The letter I received was addressed to "Mr A Ashton MA MBA ASIP FRSA FCISI" - well, they got the FRSA letters right, but sadly I don't have an MBA, and am not entirely sure what some of the other letters even mean!

Could it be that they have foresight about what I'm about to embark upon; that its a reflection of their appreciation and perception of my skills, abilities and apititudes (after all, they originially approached with with an invitation to join their Fellowship); or perhaps just a clerical filing error...
In a world when we don't always get thanked for the efforts we make on behalf of others, I know which of the explanations I'd like to believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment